Fall is Coming!
While it felt like it took too long for summer to show up in the Treasure Valley this year, we are now seeing Fall quickly approaching. RMA is here to remind you of a few of the things you can start doing between now and then to help make the transition to Fall a little easier this year.
- Mulch and fertilize your lawn to help prepare it for next summer. Fertilizing now will ensure that your lawn is green and healthy as soon as the weather gets warmer next spring!
- Check your gutters. Make sure there is not excessive debris causing overflow in your gutters. The leaves will be falling soon, and you want to make sure you don’t have a problem before then.
- Disconnect those hoses! Once the temperature is consistently freezing at nighttime, you will want to have made sure that your hoses have been disconnected to avoid any freezing/bursting pipes.
- Rise off that A/C unit. While it is still warm outside, be sure to use your hose to rinse off any major dirt buildup on your AC unit to help prepare it for winter and keep the unit working it’s best for you!
- Close up your foundation vents. In the spring and summer months, we suggest opening these up to help promote healthy air circulation in your home. As fall and winter approach, you should close these vents.
- Pack up all that summer patio furniture. As fall approaches, make sure that you have picked up and stored away anything you do not want to be left out in the harsh weather of winter!
- If writing a check for your rent, please note that you must make that check out to Realty Management Associates or RMA.
- If you pay rent to RMA using a check or certified funds, please note that you must put your name AND the property address on it.
- Our monthly reminder – have you changed filters recently? Changing your furnace filters is a tenant responsibility and it helps ensure that your system runs smoothly and effectively. If you are unsure of how or when to do that, give your property manager a call and they can walk you through that process!
- Please ensure that you are watering your grass enough! This ensures more of the water gets into the grass and doesn’t evaporate off as quickly, so you don’t need to water more often to make up for that.
- Prepare for irrigation shut offs. Each neighborhood will see that happen at different times! Please be prepared to hand water if necessary to ensure the water doesn’t die if your neighborhood turns those off when the temperature outside is still warm enough for the grass to grow.
- If your gutters are full of leaves and debris, you may notice them overflowing when it rains, or sagging from weight, or growing plants. As fall approaches, this will be especially important! If you witness any of these tell-tale signs, please take a photo of the evidence and submit it to us through the property meld system on our website so that we can issue a work order.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home, please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order. Also, there is a “Maintenance Request” link on the dark blue bar at the top.