Happy New Year!
1) If writing a check for your rent, please note that you must make that check out to Realty Management Associates or RMA.
2) If you pay rent to RMA using a check or certified funds, please note that you must put your name AND the property address on it.
3) Our monthly reminder – have you changed filters recently? Every winter, with the first hard freeze we get calls for broken heating furnaces. In almost every case this is because the tenant has not been changing out the filters on a regular basis as they should have been. Avoid a breakdown and days of freezing in your home and change your furnace filters now!
4) If you haven’t done so already, please be sure to unhook your hoses from outside faucets. Leaving the hose attached can create an ice dam in the faucet and connecting pipe, potentially causing a split or burst pipe resulting in damage to the property. Tenants will be held responsible for any damage caused due to their neglect in removing a garden hose.
5) If you have a wood burning stove or fireplace that you used last winter, the chimney may need cleaning. Get the chimney inspected and cleaned to avoid the potential of chimney fires.
6) Remember, unless you live in a multi-family community it is your responsibility to clear the sidewalk in front of your house. Please also clear snow and ice from your front walk, driveway and away from utility meters.
7) Please remove Christmas trees from the house promptly after the holidays to avoid a fire hazard. Your local trash collection service will have accommodations to pick them up. Please check with the trash collection company that services your area.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home, please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order. Also, there is a “Maintenance Request” link on the dark blue bar at the top.
Property Meld – How Does It Work?
By Kristal Clark
Regardless of home size or location, landlords, property managers, and tenants everywhere must all deal with one thing: maintenance. Usually, maintenance is routine and taken care of by your property manager on a seasonal basis. However, it is inevitable that occasionally, you will have a maintenance request for something unforeseeable. We at Realty Management Associates want to make it as easy as possible for you to be able to communicate with us and have your maintenance completed in a prompt and seamless manner. The way we do this is through a system called Property Meld. This can be found on our website, either on the tenant menu under “Maintenance Request” or on the dark blue bar at the top of our homepage.
For tenants, using Property Meld is straightforward. Below we have laid out a few easy steps that will make putting in a maintenance request easier than ever:
- The Invite. When you first became our tenant, RMA invited you, through the email address you have provided, to register for Property Meld. If you have not done so already, you will need to register for a Property Meld account with your email and a newly created password. If you can’t find the email invite, please email your property manager to request another invite.
- Once you are registered you will have access to create a Meld. A “Meld” is a maintenance request that can be reviewed by your assigned property manager. When creating this Meld, you will advise of your address and where the issue is located within your home as well as a description box where you are able to go into detail regarding the issue you are facing. You may also attach a photograph of the issue, which is often very useful for us to assess the problem.
- Once the meld has been submitted the property manager will review the request for maintenance and assign a vendor to the issue. If you do not hear from our office within 24-48 hours, please contact us immediately.
- A vendor will be assigned to your maintenance request within 24-48 hours, usually by the next business day. The vendor will reach out to you within 24-48 hours of receiving the maintenance ticket to review a time and date that works for you to schedule a maintenance call.
- During the scheduling and service process, you will receive updates via email or text, depending on how you set up your meld account. Once service is completed your property manager will close the Meld and you will be requested to rate your experience.