Solve Our Puzzle
Thank you for participatingin the November Newsletter Puzzle. After a random drawing amongst all of our correct responses, Jake Salutregui is our November winner, who won a $20 Fred Meyer Gift Card.
Find the answers to our crozzword puzzle in this month’s reminders and newsletter! Correct answers will be entered into a drawing for this month’s prize of a $20 Albertsons Gift Card. Please remember to help out local small businesses 🙂
Read this month’s reminders and newsletter below for clues. And don’t forget to read next month’s newsletter to see if you won! Good luck!
COVID-19 spread continues escalating to record levels with close to 31,000 new cases and 264 new deaths since we reported in our November newsletter. In response, Governor Little has rolled the state back to Stage 2 Order.
For more information: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
For Stage 2 Guidelines: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/stage-2-modified-order.pdf
Realty Management Associates Holiday Schedule
The office schedule for the holidays will be as follows:
- Closed early Friday 12/11/21 at 3:30 for virtual staff Holiday party.
- Closed Thurs/Friday-12/24/20 & 12/25/20 for Christmas (we will close books prior to holiday).
- 12/31/20 work until 1:00 pm. Closed 1/01/21 for New Years.
1) Our drive-bys continue through December checking the status of leaf removal, and general yard preparations for winter.
2) If you haven’t done so already, please be sure to unhook your hoses from outside faucets. Leaving the hose attached can create an ice dam in the faucet and connecting pipe, potentially causing a split or burst pipe resulting in damage to the property. Tenants will be held responsible for any damage caused due to their neglect in removing a garden hose.
3) If you have a wood burning stove or fireplace that you used last winter, the chimney may need cleaning. Get the chimney inspected and cleaned to avoid the potential of chimney fires.
4) Every winter, with the first hard freeze we get calls for broken heating furnaces. In almost every case this is because the tenant has not been changing out the filters on a regular basis as they should have been. Avoid a break down and days of freezing in your home, and change your furnace filters now!
5) Keep a lookout for clogged gutters when it rains. Please contact our office through the Property Meld app if you notice water spilling over the gutters, or growth sprouting from them!
6) We had our first snow a few weeks ago. No doubt there will be more to come in the next couple of months. Remember, unless you live in a multi-family community it is your responsibility to clear the sidewalk in front of your house. Please also clear snow and ice from your front walk, driveway and away from utility meters.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or home please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order.
Lease Extensions Now Available Online
RMA is now able to provide lease extension documents to tenants through the tenant portal. When it is time for your lease renewal, and you receive your lease extension invitation by email, you will be guided to access the document through your portal to sign and complete the lease extension agreement.
Online Rent Payment Update
Recently Rent Track, our online rent payment provider, has been purchased by Paylease and they are rebranding to Zego. We have been advised that there will be some operational changes later in 2021. We will provide more detailed information in the January newsletter once we have confirmation of those changes.
Holiday Fun in the Treasure Valley
By Athena Savoglou
Due to these unprecedented times, you may be wondering what the holidays will look like. The CDC is recommending that families celebrate holidays virtually when possible. So what can you do with those in your “social bubble,” to get in the spirit and have some holiday cheer in a safe way? Well, the Treasure Valley still has some fun activities, albeit modified, for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
13th Annual Winter Wonderland
For one, the 13th Annual Winter Wonderland at Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell is in full swing. If you have not already visited, the Winter Wonderland is a display of over one million lights in downtown Caldwell. In addition to the light display itself, Santa will be there every Friday until Christmas to take pictures with your little ones (or you, we won’t judge).
Boise’s Winter Garden aGlow
Every year the Botanical Garden lights up for their Garden aGlow event. November 26 through December 27. Get tickets online and reserve your time. The Botanical Garden is taking exhaustive measures to make this a safe holiday outing. https://idahobotanicalgarden.org/event/winter-garden-aglow/2020-11-26/
Granger Quilting Guild Holiday Bizarre (Virtual Event)
The Granger Quilting Guild Holiday Bizarre will be virtual (Facebook Marketplace) this year due to safety precautions. But it’s still a one-of-a-kind forum to enjoy artsy and artisanal goods! See details and schedule below:
Wednesday December 2, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday December 5, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday December 9, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday December 12, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday December 16, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday December 19, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday December 31, 2020: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
From event coordinators:
“Visit the Holiday vendors you know and trust from your home at Facebook Marketplace under “Granger Quilting Guild Holiday Bazaar”, with photos/ description of offerings; then go right to their site to find even more…artwork, glassware, jams/honey, jewelry, quilts, kitchen wares, everything you find at the physical bazaar. Shop mid-September till Christmas and beyond! For info, Dianna Trembly 208-861-8271, Granger Quilting Guild. See you next year in person!”
Morrison Center: Boise Philharmonic Virtual Performances
Finally, one of our favorites are the virtual performances offered by the Morrison Center. The Boise Philharmonic has two December performances sure to provide you with some winter and holiday cheer. On Saturday 12/5 at 7pm, they perform their Winter Seasonal, and on Saturday 12/19 at 7pm, they perform their Home for the Holidays set. One or both of these events, with your favorite take-out meal and beverage of choice, sound like a pretty great Saturday night to us. Be sure to subscribe to the Boise Philharmonic Digital Stage here: https://boisephil.org/events/calendar/.
Even though we all know the holidays will look a bit different this year, there is still joy in the air. Please enjoy a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season! 🙂
Rent Assistance Available for COVID Related Hardship
Have you been affected by a COVID-19 related layoff or furlough and are stressing about making rent or being able to pay your utilities?
Fortunately, here in Idaho, there is help at hand to prevent tenants falling behind in rent. The Idaho Housing and Finance Association has a short-term assistance program in place to support tenants unable to pay their rent and/or utilities due to a COVID-19 related economic crisis. The tenant does not have to be in arrears in order to qualify. Documentation indicating a future inability to pay rent may be sufficient to qualify for the assistance. Typically applicant processing may take between 3-7 days with a further 7-10 days for the assistance to arrive. This program allows 3-months of assistance at a time with a total limit of six months assistance.
There are strict qualifying guidelines, check out the information provided in the links below.
If you are stressed by a COVID related income shortfall and you’re cutting back on essential needs to pay your rent, don’t delay, get help now!
Program Flyer: https://www.idahohousing.com/documents/covid19-rent-flyer.pdf/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8pZSgyYTic1ljn00duhlmzWv02To9pMi6d1oiPQJxbGK8bb19angsjLuuHTRw5uJqfOvU9
Dedicated phone line for application assistance: 1-855-452-0801
Complete our December crossword puzzle for a chance to win a $20 Albertson’s Gift Card. Clues are in this month’s reminders and newsletter above. Good luck!
Please email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.