1) If writing a check for your rent, please note that you must make that check out to Realty Management Associates or RMA.
2) If you pay rent to RMA using a check or certified funds, please note that you must put your name AND the property address on it.
3) Our monthly reminder – have you changed filters recently? Every winter, we get calls for broken heating furnaces. In almost every case this is because the tenant has not been changing out the filters on a regular basis as they should have been. Avoid a break down and days of freezing in your home and change your furnace filters now!
4) All the usual cold weather reminders are still in effect. We may not have snow in the valley, but the temperatures are still dipping at or below freezing most nights. So, whether you are home or away, keep your heat in the 60s to prevent freezing pipes.
5) Weather permitting, sprinkler turn on’s will begin in April. Please do not be alarmed if you see someone in your front yard!
6) Your foundation vents should have been closed for the winter. This reduces freezing air from creating a hazard to crawl space plumbing and will also help to keep your home warmer. But remember, as it turns to Spring weather to open these vents up to promote healthy air circulation.
7) If your gutters are full of leaves and debris, you may notice them overflowing when it rains, or sagging from weight, or growing plants. If you witness any of these tell-tale signs, please take a photo of the evidence and submit it to us through the property meld system on our website so that we can issue a work order.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home, please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order. Also, there is a “Maintenance Request” link on the dark blue bar at the top.
Marry the House, Date the Rate
By Bobette Wood, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Are you interested in purchasing a home, but the interest rates concern you? You are not alone. For many home buyers, interest rates are a top consideration. The typical mortgage term can last up to 30 years so it’s tough to think you may be stuck with anything less than the lowest rate possible. Interest rates are always in flux so trying to catch the perfect rate should never deter you from owning your dream home. “Marry the house, date the rate” basically means, don’t let interest rate deter you because you can always refinance if rates go down. Also keep in mind, home prices have dropped over the past year, there is less competition for listed homes and seller’s are offering to help pay closing costs. There has been a shift from a seller’s market to a buyer’s market. I hear a lot of people saying they want to wait to see if the market or interest rates will drop. For anyone planning on waiting for one of the following: (1) interest rates to come down or (2) home prices to come down… I PROMISE you aren’t the only one “waiting” and guess what happens when that time comes… MORE competition (bidding wars, contingencies and you can most certainly say goodbye to sellers offering assistance).
We can stop making assumptions about the future – nobody has a crystal ball – and make decisions based on the present. As long as you are comfortable with the proposed mortgage payment, if you find your perfect home, there’s no reason to let a short-term problem like interest rates deter you from your dream home. Refinancing in the future is an excellent option for buying real estate without the remorse.
Bobette Wood, with Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, has been serving the Treasure Valley for 12 years. Her passion is in helping individuals to prepare and succeed with home ownership. Feel free to contact her directly with any questions pertaining home financing as she is here to help and to educate. Bobette can be reached at 208-867-8918 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobette Wood will be holding a First-Time Home Buyers educational class in May, along with RMA, and Tracy DeMarco with DeMarco Real Estate, more information will be coming if you are interested in attending!
Copyright©2023 Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. NMLS#2289. 4750 S. Biltmore Lane, Madison, WI 53718, 1-866-912-4800. All rights reserved. This is not an offer to enter into an agreement. Not all customers will qualify. Information, rates and programs are subject to change without notice. All products are subject to credit and property approval. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. Equal Housing Opportunity.